Friday, May 25, 2012

Bit of background - part 2 :)

Hi again everyone -
As promised - here is part 2 of the posts entailing a bit of background about me & why I chose to go into massage therapy.

In part 2 - this post will explain how I ended up choosing the name "Phoenix Rising Massage Therapy LLC."

The origin of the name comes from a couple of different things:

1.) UW-Green Bay's mascot is the "Phoenix" - so it the choice of using a Phoenix was a no brainer for me as I knew that I wanted to honor my time at Green Bay. And if anyone's curious - here's a link to read up on how UW-Green Bay ended up with "the Phoenix" as it's mascot. I also find it funny that the campus mascot was nearly the "Fighting Tomatoes." (and honestly - "the fighting tomatoes" doesn't seems so fierce as "the Phoenix"):
http://www.uwgb.edu/univcomm/about-campus/history.htm

2.) I've always been fascinated by mythology. Simple as that. And the Phoenix myth became one of my favorites - especially after I got to UW-Green Bay.

A couple of links for you:
http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Phoenix


http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/457189/phoenix





3.) Harry Potter.  Yes - part of the reason why "Phoenix Rising Massage Therapy LLC" became "Phoenix Rising" is because of Harry Potter - specifically Fawkes. Fawkes became my favorite magical character - and especially the fact that he was a tangible link to Professor Dumbledore :)

The "Harry Potter" series first came out in 1997 (I was about 9 at the time) and it was the series that defined not only my childhood, but my middle school, high school and college years. Fawkes was the one magical creature that was my favorite.tter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2" - I bawled my eyes out during the last 20 minutes! :)

a link for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_creatures_(Harry_Potter)#Fawkes

4.) Finally - I look at the Phoenix Rising as a metaphor for my own life. I've had numerous health problems throughout the years. And with every health problem, every set back - I've gotten through each and every one of them. And come back stronger every time. It was because of this that I wanted to have a unique and memorable symbol/icon that represented what I had gone through - and also be a way to represent, in a nut shell, my hopes as a massage therapist. That people could come to the practice and be able - for an hour - forget about their problems, forget about their pain (physical or emotional) and come out of their session, refreshed.


So - putting all of these reasons together - that's the origin of "Phoenix Rising Massage Therapy" came into being :)

Next post will be all about the creation of the logo and how my good friend from high school created the logo for me!

Have a great rest of your night!
Amanda@Phoenixrisingmx



No comments:

Post a Comment